Going home, updates, downtime

Hey folks,

I'm heading back on Tuesday, so just wanted to dump some thoughts/updates
before I return home. I'm going to be out of the loop for a bit, and not
just while I'm stuck on the plane...

 * Informa -- who ran OSiM last year, which received very positive reports
   from everyone I've spoken to -- have invited me to be part of their event
   advisory board (along with a bunch of other awesome folks), which is
   pretty cool. I don't really see this as a conflict of interest, as it
   supports our goals, but if anyone has concerns about it let me know.

 * Got some analyst briefings lined up, including one of Ovum's wireless
   analysts, which should be good. We've definitely stamped ourselves on the
   radar this week, with the launch and Intel's MID announcements!

 * Speaking of Intel, my radar is picking up more about the Ubuntu angle, so
   hopefully we'll hear from them soon. If anyone has contacts at Red Flag,
   please get in touch and invite them along. Historically we've been pretty
   bad at reaching out to our developer friends in Asia, so that's another
   where GMAE could lead the way.

 * I'm going to be flat out next week, as Pia and I are organising the Open
   CeBIT conference and exhibition in Sydney. Should be a blast, but GMAE is
   not going to get much of my headspace until the weekend after. Even then,
   I'll probably be recovering from belated jetlag. ;-)

 * In the meantime, I'm going to pull together the input I've received about
   desires for release plans (particularly the 'mobile' suite for 2.20), and
   community governance (as we're subtly different from the main project,
   but don't really want to be in the general case) and put it in a proposal
   for the group. I'll prioritise the release-team stuff, 'cos they'll need
   to know about the 'mobile' suite pretty soon.

Please throw feedback my way so I can digest and adapt it.

Sorry, late rambling. ;-) Thanks,

- Jeff

--
Open CeBIT 2007: Sydney, Australia              http://www.opencebit.com.au/

  "Whether you want to set fire to old institutions or to build whole new
               ones, nothing beats a good blog." - Doc Searls