Re: [mlview-list] project update

Dodji Seketeli wrote:

Hi all,

I have merged Scott's website patches into xml-style-web--mainline--0.1 .
I have also started to move my arse to add some content in there too.
Nice! Now we have ARCH instructions.

Dodji, I noticed you started changing "MLView" to "MlView". Be careful when doing this, the <MLView> text in the right portion of the header section is not text, it's actually an image (one of the few images). The reason for this is so that particular text stays in the header through absolute positioning. Having it as text could mean someone's browser text settings could make it display outside the header boundary. also, the site is not dynamic (however, php would be nice. does the server have php? if so, i could make the design much simpler). As a static site that tries to maintain navigational coherence across all the pages, the changes like MLView -> MlView on index.html do not affect the other pages. I do global replacements across all the pages for these types of changes. It may be easier for me to do this, and I would be happy to do so. Maybe just email me a heads up saying "could we change instances of MLView to MlView". I have also changed the < MLView > graphic to reveal the correct spelling. I will make all these changes tonight.

Maybe we should also add some content about the rationale of having our source code
in ARCH and keeping it in sync with the CVS.
Yes, I thought about this. In addition, we should probably indicate when CVS is updated vs ARCH

Scott, I think that the proposed date for the 0.8.0 release (October, 23 2004) is not realistic.
Yes, I had just put something there to show our idea of having a date for the next release. Since the new design release is planned to coincide with 0.7.0 it did not make sense to have that in the road map. see what i mean? that date was arbitrary on my part, it might well have been Jan. 1, 1999.

ps: what are you slackers waiting for to send out MlView 0.7.0 screeshots ugh ? :-). Now that you know how to
grab the sources from the GNU ARCH repository, compile it and seend out shots !

pps: how do I do to make screenshots thumbnails ? (I am a total gimp/art iliterate)
If anyone wants to send the screens to me, that is fine as well. It may be easier for me to make the thumbs and to maintain a consistent look to them. However, if you want to learn how to make them (and i can assure you it is easier than GNU ARCH :) I can put some instructions together when I get home.