[mlview-list] New development and release practices

Hi list,

I have put mlview source code into a GNU ARCH archive.
You can register to that archive by doing:

tla register-archive dodji gnome org--xml-style--2004
http://dodji.seketeli.free.fr/archives/2004/xml-style/ .

To get mlview sources, do:
tla get mlview--mainline--0.7

Before doing all this I strongly recommend that you do the excellent
and complete GNU ARCH tutorial located at
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnu-arch/tutorial/arch.html .

This means that I won't use the GNOME CVS for the daily development
anymore. I will use arch instead.
However, I will synch the GNOME CVS mlview module with the arch
module from time to time.

Also, I'd like to introduce a new release model based on the one of
the GNOME project or linux kernel project.
Releases with odd minor version numbers will be development (unstable)
releases,  whereas even minor version numbers
will denote stable releases. In this scheme, bug fixes will be applied
to the current stable version and will be reported to the current
development version.
Of course, GNU ARCH helps a lot in dealing with this "double patch
application" scheme.

I will start the new release scheme after the coming
0.6.3 release that will be obviously a stable one.

Dodji.