Re: [mlview-list]Text wrapping, text editing features, etc. in mlview

Le mer 21/01/2004 à 17:05, dodji seketeli org a écrit :
> [...]
> > My proposition would be the next :
> > 1 - Create a button assiciated to the text input widget (the topright of
> > the widget could be a great location) that switch between wrapped mode
> > and scroll mode. This doesn't affect in any way neither the content of
> > the text node, nor the way text leaves are serialized when saving the
> > doc.
> >
> > 2 - have some serialisation options :
> >
> >   - cut lines (on/off)
> >      (if on)  max line length
> >   - normalize white chars (on/off) : reduces any sequence of
> > space,tab,line feed in a single space (or LF if the line has to be
> > cutted)
> >

> Yup, this seems a clean "vision" of things to me.

Yes, this precises the whole thing, I agree. But I still have some
questions.

Lines' problem can be resolved only at serialization time, but what
about spaces ? Should we correct them only at serialization ? (I don't
think so, because if you reopen the document it will be different.) And
if we correct them at edition time, or at the loading of the document,
what do we do when switching to "normalization mode" : normalize
everything, normalize nodes which are edited ? Maybe if the mode is
switched on we should normalize the whole document. (Excepted the
xml:space="preserve" case.)

Thanks,

Nicolas Centa