Re: use of _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN

On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 23:53:57 +1100
Russell Shaw <rjshaw netspace net au> wrote:
> MK wrote:
> > I'm developing an openGL application and am having some trouble setting the window fullscreen.   Attached is the code I am using; the most relevent function is fullscreenEWMH(), which is about 45 lines.
> Use:
>    long mask = 0;
>    event.xclient.data.l[3] = 1;

That will work on fwvm, but not on metacity.  Using 0 for the mask will fail no matter what, and use of any value but 0 for data.l[3] seems to further restrict the masks which will work, it seems.  In any case, none of them work from within the application itself (altho they do in fvwm), only when called from an external process. Have you actually used this yourself?

The "Bad Request" reply may be an Xlib issue, since it also occurs under fwvm whether the request works or not.

--
MK <halfcountplus intergate com>