Re: window-props

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 11:10 PM, Thomas Thurman <tthurman gnome org> wrote:
>  /* Second, property notifies we want to use.
>   * FIXME once we move entirely to the window-props.h framework, we
>   * can just call reload on the property in the event and get rid of
>   * this if-else chain.
> If this is correct, I assume from the comment above that the
> window-props code was also intended to be used on receipt of
> PropertyNotify (which would have made the code easier to read), but that
> this never happened.  Is this correct?

What "call reload" means is meta_window_reload_property(). If you'll
notice, most of the branches in the if-else just call
meta_window_reload_property(). When *all* the branches just call
meta_window_reload_property(), you can delete the whole if/else and
unconditionally call meta_window_reload_property(). "move to
window-props.h" means "add MetaWindowPropHooks for the property"

The MetaWindowPropHooks are one init func and one reload func, so when
you add them, generally the code on window init that reads the prop is
replaced, and the code on property notify is also replaced.

Havoc