always on top window

Hi,

Is it possible in Metacity, and in other window managers, create a
always on top window? What I want to mean with it is a window that is
never obscured by any other window while the desktop is running, like
the overlay window that was introduced in X11R7.1.

I'm working in gnome-mag and I need a always on top window to make it
works smoother in X11R7.0 using COMPOSITE, since override_redirect
windows can appear on top of it. Since, I can't be a window manager and
select SubstructureRedirectMask, because Metacity already selected it.
The better I achieve was raise the mag window when a CreateNotify,
MapNotify, ConfigureNotify and CirculateNotify event is received, but
this is not smooth enough, since it's possible to see the window that
appear on top of the mag win before the raise of the last.

Thanks,
Carlos.

O Yahoo! está de cara nova. Venha conferir!
http://br.yahoo.com/preview