Re: constraints_experiments is ready

On 11/17/05, Davyd Madeley <davyd madeley id au> wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 11:21 -0700, Elijah Newren wrote:
>
> > I know you're probably all sick of hearing from me but, but I believe the
> > code on the constraints_experiments branch is ready to merge to head.  I
> > thought I'd send out a little email summarizing its state and the things
> > that have changed for those that want to know more about it.  Testing
> > welcome, especially any extra testing that will assist Havoc in reviewing
> > these gargantuan changes.
>
> Ok. I have started running this. I like the edge gravity between windows
> and between monitors. I think that the gravity between monitor edges
> might be a little too strong, as it seems jerky to drag a window from
> one monitor to the other.

Cool, that was something I didn't have a setup for real testing.  What
kind of resistance do you think makes the most sense for between
monitors, and how much should there be?  (Currently it's the same as
for screen edges -- 0.75 seconds timeout resistance plus
pixel-distance resistance of 16)

Thanks,
Elijah