Re: Merging spif-2 branch

On Sun, 2005-12-18 at 12:36 +0000, Bill Haneman wrote:

> 1) rescaling of windows/contents on render, i.e. basic magnification;
> 2) some pluggable scaling architecture so we could plug in some new kind
> of scaling other than nearest-neighbor and the various interpolations
> (for instance, a "hard edge" contouring scaler, which would do font
> smoothing without making things blurry);
> 3) some sort of multi-pass rendering system for the above, in instances
> where the pixops are too compute-intensive to inline them by default;
> 4) control over the RGBA mapping on render, so that colors can be
> reversed, contrast increased, alphas mucked with, etc.

These ones seem like they should be fairly straightforward in that they
don't sound very "invasive" to the rest of the CM logic; they're just
filters on the end of the pipeline I guess.

> 5) Some way to bypass the above for font rendering, so that we can use
> the built-in scaling capabilities of our fonts instead.

This I have no clue how to do, but I'm sure if it can be figured out at
all we could figure out how to do it in the default CM ...

Havoc