Re: Merging spif-2 branch

Bill Haneman wrote:

Is the fact that metacity is the compositing manager optional? We need for that not to be the case when running magnification.

You can compile it without composting enabled if you wish. It could become runtime configurable as well, which is likely desirable for other reasons.

I still don't see why the magnifier has to be the compositing manager though. What is a *concrete specific real world thing* that the magnifier needs to do, that it can't without being a compositing manger?

Soren