Re: memprof-list Digest, Vol 28, Issue 1

On Monday 08 June 2009 17:50:30 Cristi Magherusan wrote:

> I tried the same a while ago, with help from some other folks, and we
> decided to "fork" the code and apply user-provided patches.
> Unfortunately our momentum faded from various reasons and it got stalled
> again, but we made a slight progress from the original version. Our
> code, with some GUI improvements can be found at
> http://hg.atheme.org/memprof-revived
>
> Feel free to apply them to the repo.or.cz git repo. I'll try to join
> your effort as my time allows it.

Yes, I stumbled across this on ohloh today but a google search didn't show me
this repository. I have seen you guys merged raster changes, I had this on my
list as well... actually raster told me about memprof on one of our taxi
drives to the Openmoko office in taipei...

One thing that catched my was the porting to FreeBSD/Dragonfly. I think you
could have minimized the amount of #ifdef, So far only the flags have different
names (ptrace) or an argument has a different value. This can be nicely
abstracted in platforms defining MEMPROF_PTRACE_PEEK_DATA and such..

but thanks a lot for pointing me to the repository, I will merge some changes!
I still have the hope that we can push things back to the GNOME repository...

	z.