MembershipCommittee | Emeritus membership - Dumitru (Mișu) MOLDOVAN (#85)

Title: GitLab

Dumitru Moldovan created an issue #85:

Personal details

I own a functional GNOME Account already, my account name (UID) is dumol (7812). I can login to https://account.gnome.org and my SSH keys are up-to-date.

Benefits

I only have a dumol gnome org alias, which I badly need to function again, as I have used it as my most likely to survive free email address when registering domains and important third-party accounts. Kind of shocked to find out it stopped working 2 months ago…

Contributions

Have contributed thousands of hours of work to the Romanian translation of GNOME from 2000¹ to about 2010², starting with user apps such as Balsa and Galeon (before it was forked as Epiphany) and reaching the lower level libs such as glib and GTK+, which I have fully translated to Romanian for the first time. At some point, I also acted as the coordinator of the Romanian translation team³ and helped it maintain supported status. Have contributed extensively to the Romanian Translations guidelines and terminology still referenced at https://l10n.gnome.org/teams/ro/.

During that decade, have been an active member of the GNOME community. Besides translations, I've also reported and tested for bugs, proposed and discussed changes, etc. Harder to find traces of this in the repos, but there is at least one example, where the developer went above and beyond to credit my contribution in his commit message⁴.

Also used to be a GNOME Foundation member until May 2013. Not sure when it started, my archives only show it was last renewed in May 2011, but I think I've applied during 2008.

I still contribute to free software, but my free time is not what it used to be, so I focus on lower level contributions, such as maintaining the Romanian keyboard layouts in xkeyboard-config.⁵