MembershipCommittee | Britt Yazel, Membership Renewal (#9)

Title: GitLab

Britt Yazel created an issue #9:

Personal details

  1. Britt Yazel
  2. bwyazel gmail com (bwyazel gnome org)
  3. UID: bwyazel

Contributions

In the past two years I served as a senior member of the GNOME Engagement team, I sat on the Board of Directors from 2019-2020, and I was notably involved with GNOME's social media activity and infrastructure growth over these past two years. From 2018 to 2020, I acted in the role of social media manager for our Reddit, Twitter, and Facebook accounts, as well as acting in the general interests of the GNOME Engagement Team. In my role as Senior Engagement Team member, I have onboarded and mentored many new GNOME members, including Claudio Santoro, Gaurav Agrawal, and I am currently helping to mentor GSoC inten Clarissa Borges. Kristi Progri (Engagement Team Leader) and both Sriram Ramakrishnan and Caroline Henriksen (senior Engagement Team members) can vouch for my activity on the team in the past two years. I have also been involved in our growing internal and external infrastructure these past two years, working to get chat.gnome.org, surveys.gnome.org, events.gnome.org, shop.gnome.org, and other services (including a brand new GNOME main website) off the ground, as well as serving is one of the GitLab admins. Bartłomiej Piotrowski can vouch for my work helping grow our infrastructure. Lastly, I have been involved in planning GNOME events, working to organize LAS 2018, 2019 West Coast Hackfest, other hackfests that sadly never materialized, and have been on the GUADEC organizing team for these two years, helping to organize GUADEC 2019 and 2020.

I hope this work, alongside my term on the Board of Directors, is enough to warrant my membership renewal. Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!