Re: Chat with the board

Hey Carlos,

signed myself in for the call.

cheers,

Hello all,

The board met last October in Berlin to discuss between other things the
relationship with the committees and health status of the existing
committees since we are most likely to create new ones in the upcoming
months.

As you know the committees are representing the board and taking the
responsibilities of the board in certain topics. I want to say that the
board is very grateful of all the job you are doing.

Because of that, we would like to have a more dynamic relationship with the
membership committee, identify where the board can help to ensure you can
perform their work as easy as possible, how to have new members in it,
identify bottlenecks, and in general have a closer relationship and
communication with all of the membership committee team.

I think the best way to chat about it is to make a videocall where some
members (if you can all, perfect!) and me meet so you can explain these
points and we can discuss them, then I will rely that to the board.

I created this framadate[0] for the week 15th-21th of this month so we can
agree on a day where most of us can meet. Also if it works for you, we can
have the call in meet.jit.si [1]. If it doesn't work for all of us we can
try others tools like Google Hangouts.

Thanks all again for your work!

Carlos Soriano
GNOME Board of Directors

[0] https://framadate.org/cYnmJ3zUTm1KS9v7
[1] meet.jit.si/GNOMEMembershipCommittee