Re: Welcome to the "foundation-announce" mailing list

On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 12:20 PM, Andrea Veri <av gnome org> wrote:
we forcefully subscribe Foundation members to foundation-announce as
that's the place where major announcements (such as upcoming
elections, GNOME events, Bylaws changes, etc.) related to the
Foundation are sent. We expect every single Foundation member to be
part of that list and no, we don't suggest anyone to subscribe to that
list specifically but to foundation-list instead as an optional list
[1].

Okay, that was confusing.

That said, the e-mail that was subscribed is the one registered on
LDAP for an account (that is, the e-mail where the @gnome.org points
to).

Maybe you should use the gnome.org address anyway so that people can
decide at any time to change what the alias redirects to and have the
subscription follow along?

--
Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker & Foundation Director