Re: Welcome to the "foundation-announce" mailing list

Hey Alexandre,

we forcefully subscribe Foundation members to foundation-announce as
that's the place where major announcements (such as upcoming
elections, GNOME events, Bylaws changes, etc.) related to the
Foundation are sent. We expect every single Foundation member to be
part of that list and no, we don't suggest anyone to subscribe to that
list specifically but to foundation-list instead as an optional list
[1].

That said, the e-mail that was subscribed is the one registered on
LDAP for an account (that is, the e-mail where the @gnome.org points
to).

cheers,

[1] https://mail.gnome.org/archives/membership-committee/2018-January/msg00065.html