Re: Proposal for an Events Code of Conduct and Policy Referendum

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 8:15 AM Tobias Mueller <tobiasmue gnome org> wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, 2018-04-30 at 15:48 +0100, Allan Day wrote:
> The big picture here is that the working group went to great effort to
> make sure that everyone was able to participate, and that we had a
But it sounds like it was made sure that "everyone" was having the same
opinion rather than allowing dissent.

Wow, there's really a lot of jumping to conclusions going on in this thread, isn't there?

None of us know what went on except the participants, which as I've said before renders this entire discussion meaningless. But, Allan did specifically say earlier in the thread:

"Large parts of the current draft were directly influenced by Ben's contributions, and we've expended a great deal of energy trying to accommodate his views."

Doesn't sound like cracking down on dissent. Then again, I really have no idea. Please, can we stop the wild speculation and preferably just end this discussion? I don't see anything beneficial coming out of it.

Regards,
Philip C