Re: Proposal for an Events Code of Conduct and Policy Referendum

Alexandre Franke <afranke gnome org> wrote:
The WG is a group working on a document that invites people involved
in a conflict to seek assistance from a third party. Yet it seems
that, when a conflict arised, they didn’t call for external
arbitration, and even went as far as issuing warnings to one of the
parties involved on their own. I find this highly disturbing.

I don't think that this is a fair or accurate summary of events within
the working group, and I'd suggest not jumping to conclusions or
making inaccurate claims without knowing the facts.

The big picture here is that the working group went to great effort to
make sure that everyone was able to participate, and that we had a
full and rigorous drafting process. Considering how much effort went
into this, a little appreciation for the work done by the working
group would be nice.

Allan