Re: Application received from shirish agarwal (shirishag75 AT gmail.com)

Hi Shirish,

Thanks for applying. We beed significant contributions to GNOME community in recent period for membership.

You can apply for travel sponsorship without it and mention the reasoning why you need one. The travel committee would be happy to look at it.

Thanks,
Kunal,
GNOME Foundation Membership Committee

On Thu, 12 Apr 2018 at 6:28 PM, shirish शिरीष <shirishag75 gmail com> wrote:
addition at bottom :-

On 12/04/2018, GNOME Foundation Membership Committee Script
<membership-committee gnome org> wrote:
> Contact Information
> -------------------
>
> Full Name: shirish agarwal
> Email:     shirishag75 AT gmail.com
>
> Benefits
> Mail alias: Yes
> Mail alias username: shirishag75
> Jabber Account: No
>
> Contributions Summary:
> https://bugzilla.gnome.org/page.cgi?id=describeuser.html&login=shirishag75%40gmail.com
>
> I had made quite a few events before GNOME 3.0 i.e. circa 2011
> https://flossexperiences.wordpress.com/tag/gnome/ but nothing much after
> that.

> [Application received at Thu Apr 12 12:36:40 2018 (Eastern time)]
>
> If you have any questions, you can contact the Membership Committee by
> replying to this mail. Please note that it usually takes up to a week for an
> application to be fully processed.

My idea is if I get the membership is to apply for travel for GNOME Asia Taipei
and ask for partial bursary because IF I'll be going, I'll be going
for Debconf 2018
where I've put up some proposals and will cover GNOME.Asia the last 2 days.

I would like to ask for partial sponsorship so some of the burden on
Debian will be
lessened which may allow another person to come to Debconf.

If I do get the membership and the travel sponsorship then would  ask if we
can be media partner for GNOME.Asia

I would be there for all the 2 days and try to cover as much of the
event as I can

The blog posts would come on https://itsfoss.com/  .  My contributions
can be found
at  https://itsfoss.com/author/shirish/