Re: [gnome.org #14215] GNOME Membership Appli cation of Bastian Ilsø Hougaard

On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 2:44 PM, Tobias Mueller via RT
<membership-applications gnome org> wrote:
Dear Sri,

The GNOME Membership Committee is about to process Bastian's
application to become a GNOME Foundation Member and therefore need some feedback about the applicant and
their work on GNOME, both past and present.

Bastian is an amazing contributor.  In fact, I had my eye on him at
some point when he was putting out some HOWTO videos on home.  I
recruited him to join the GNOME engagement team almost a year ago.  We
were going to work on making a video together.  He did some initial
work but nothing really came together.  In the meanwhile he attended
all the engagement meetings, and it would have been easy to be
discouraged and sort of drift away, he continued to be engaged on the
IRC channel.  He also wrote some pamphlets that we gave out at FOSDEM
that was also quite nice.

Finally, with the release of 3.12, he storyboarded, wrote the script,
and engaged Karen into making a beautiful, professional video that
showed off all the features of GNOME 3.12.  It has been the
centerpiece of our release with the video on the front page.  He has
also has been working with Jimmac some, and I see that his
contributions are starting to climb as he works with not only teh
engagement team but the design team as well working on mockups.  He
will be attending Libre Graphics meeting as well.

I fully recommend him without reservation to be part of the GNOME foundation.

Best,
sri