Re: Automatic sync of Foundation members between foundation's DB and LDAP

Hi.

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 12:16:32PM +0200, Andrea Veri wrote:
The "GNOME userid" is the field you'd want to use for properly adding
a @gnome.org alias into the system.
I have created a new member in Mango with the gnomeuserid field set.
While looking up the user id, I have seen that there is also a "Foundation
member" and a "Has a cool 'gnome.org' mail alias" checkbox.
I have not changed anything there.
Do I have to do it?

Do we have statistics on the usage of an alias?

We currently don't keep any statistic about mail aliases usage and
there are plenty of places where someone could have made use of the
alias itself.
Hm. But wouldn't it be possible to see in the postfix logs whenever it tries to
deliver a mail to, say, tobiasmue gnome org? If so, we could see when the last
mail was tried to be delivered and we could take extra care if we were to remove
an alias that has recently received mail.

FWIW: We can discuss that tomorrow. I sent this mainly to keep a record of what
my questions are -.-

Cheers,
  Muelli