Re: GNOME Board of Directors Elections 2013 - Voting Instructions sent

2013/5/27 Germán Póo-Caamaño <gpoo gnome org>

I just noticed that I am not a foundation member anymore.  I started
wondering how could I have missed the renewal.  However, when I checked
my archives, I found the last email asking for renewal was on Sep 27,
2010.  It seems I did not get the one in Sep 2012.

Also, I just noticed that the list you send to foundation-list is sorted
by date, not by name or last name, which makes it prone to miss a name
when the list is long (as it seems I missed mine [2]; because I usually
read these emails and send remainders to people I care)

This makes sense, Tobias mind updating the script, please?

Anyway, I am going to re-apply again.  But it would be great if we could
make the process less error prone.

We did a lot in the past two years to avoid any kind of issues with the renewal process (especially after John Palmieri's case) and I'm really wondering how you can accuse the process to be faulty when:

1. we sent you an individual mail stating your membership was going to expire soon.
2. we sent a monthly report with your name, surname and your last renewal date.
3. we mailed f-announce suggesting everyone to check their membership's status as we usually do every year. [1]

I don't see any possible improvement on the way renewals are managed now and luckily this is really the first case someone reports a problem with it since the time we introduced the monthly report + individual mails.

Andrea

Debian Developer,
Fedora / EPEL packager,
GNOME Sysadmin,