Re: [gnome.org #12956] Application received from Ronald S. Bultje (rbultje AT ronald.bitfreak.net)

Hi Tobias,

pretty trivial question, I did read about the emeritus membership (I
do read foundation-list), but does that count for renewals also? My
application is for a renewal, I've been a member since 2004 or
something. Back around then, I did stuff like Totem, GStreamer and
gnome-media. Since I started gradschool (sept '05) and subsequently
started working, I haven't done any direct GNOME-related work anymore,
rather just FFmpeg/Libav work and the WebM project (Google's video
codec). Both of these aren't directly under the GNOME umbrella, but
are free software and are used by GNOME.

I don't know the exact procedure around renewals, I just received an
email, which told me to do to this website where I could fill out an
application for membership (I didn't see any distinction on renewal
vs. original application). If I'm supposed to renew from "regular"
member to emeritus, then I probably want to do that, I'm not really
sure.

Thanks,
Ronald

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 8:54 AM, Tobias Mueller via RT