Re: Application received from Juan A. Suarez (jasuarez AT igalia.com)

On Fri, 2012-02-03 at 08:05 +0000, GNOME Foundation Membership Committee
Script wrote:
Name: Juan A. Suarez
E-mail: jasuarez AT igalia.com
git.gnome.org username (if any): jasuarez

Some of the contributions I can mention are:

* MAFW, the Media Application Framework: I was main contributor to this project. It is a framework for
reading and playing multimedia content used in Maemo devices, like N900.

* Grilo: another multimedia framework, focused on making media discovery and browsing easy for application
developers. It is used by different applications, like Mediaexplorer or Totem.

* Few patches here and there in different GNOME projects. See my Ohloh account for a list of them
(https://www.ohloh.net/accounts/jasuarez).

Contacts:
* Bastien Nocera <hadess AT hadess.net>: main contributor of Totem. I've been working with him to make a
pluging for Totem able to get content using Grilo, making easier to search different content from different
sources (Youtube, Vimeo, UPnP, ....)

* Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) <zeeshanak AT gnome.org>: main contributor of Rygel, a DLNA framework. My work with
him consisted on developing a plugin for Rygel so it can be feeded with content from Grilo. Before this
contribution, I was working with him when developing MAFW.

Though not directly, I'm partner of Igalia, which contributes to GNOME by sponsoring conferences and
different hackfests (webkit, accessibility....). Of course, it is not that I am sponsoring them directly,
but I would like to add it here just in case you find it relevant.

[Application received at Fri Feb 3 8:05:47 2012 (Eastern time)]

If you have any questions, you can contact the Membership Committee by
replying to this mail. Please note that it usually takes up to a week for an application to be fully
processed.

Hello.

It's been 3 weeks since I applied for GNOME Foundation, but I did not
receive any information. If you need more information, please, do not
hesitate to ask me.

Thanks in advance.

        J.A.