Re: [gnome.org #12700] GNOME Membership Application of Udesh Liyanaarachchi

2012/4/18 Jonh Wendell via RT <membership-applications gnome org>:
Dear David Nielsen and Alexander Kojevnikov,

The GNOME Membership Committee is about to process Udesh
Liyanaarachchi's application to become a GNOME Foundation Member and
therefore need some feedback about the applicant and their work on
GNOME, both past and present.

Remember that vouching for a contributor means you really think the
applicant is committed to GNOME and will carry on contributing in the
future, and that you trust the applicant and their work. If unsure about
vouching or not, please let us know why you don't feel comfortable
enough in advocating this applicant.

Udesh has strong knowledge of programming and a determined attitude.
He is not afraid to ask questions nor undertaking hard (anyone who has
looked at Last.fm in Banshee would know it is under loved and a source
of many complaints, yet it is were he elected to start contributing)
and even thankless tasks (such as documenting our code).
I know from talking with him and guiding him through the wonderful
world of Banshee that Udesh is eager to contribute not just now but in
the future and to embrace the GNOME ecosystem fully In the time we
have had the pleasure of working with him in the Banshee project I
have found him to be a joy to be around, always willing to look at a
problem or give an opinion. He is still young in GNOME, but the amount
of dedication I have seen from him leaves me no doubt he will rise to
be one of our great contributors.

It is my joy and privilege to vouch for his skills and his commitment to GNOME.

- David

For further details about the applicant, feel free to have a look at the
their application at the following link:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/membership-committee/2012-April/msg00031.html

Thanks,

The GNOME Foundation Membership Committee