Re: GNOME Board of Directors Elections: Candidacies timelines

[dunno if this should be discussed with the full Cc:]

On 2011-05-24 at 19:16, Andrea Veri wrote:
2. There was a mess between several candidates sending their summary
mails on -list and elections@,
some others to -announce and -list but not on elections@ and
vice-versa. (we actually have 10 candidacies
on our RT at this time, while we see 13 candidates running)

actually, I used the rules on the foundation website because I
completely forgot about the announcement email:

  http://foundation.gnome.org/vote/2011/rules.html

the rules are a tad confusing there.

| â Any eligible voter is eligible to be elected to the Board of
| Directors. To announce your candidacy, send a message to
| foundation-announce gnome org with your full name, e-mail, corporate
| affiliation (if any), and a description of your reasons for wanting to
| serve as a director. Candidacies must be announced prior to 2011-05-22,
| 23:59 UTC.
| â All candidates should mail a summary of their candicacy announcement
| (see previous rule) to elections gnome org  Summaries should be no more
| than 75 words of continuous text (i.e. no bullet lists or multiple
| paragraphs) and must be received by the nomination deadline given above.
| A compilation of the summaries will be mailed to all registered voters
| several days prior to the elections.

this makes it look like you need to send two different emails â one with
the full candidacy announcement to -announce@ and one with the summary to
the elections@ address, which is what I did. a clarification would be
nice.

| â All discussion related to the elections should be held on
| foundation-list gnome org  Members are invited to ask questions to one
| or all candidates on that list.

I did mess up because I didn't set up the Cc: even though it should be
the rule for announcement mailing lists, but it would probably be a good
idea to mention the Cc: rule in the website, if it's not at all possible
to set the automatic Reply-To: in the list configuration.

basically, I think these three bullet points should be just merged into
one:

"Any eligible voter can run for the Board of Directors. To announce your
candidacy, send a message to foundation-announce gnome org, setting the
elections gnome org  The announcement should contain: your full name; a
valid email address for contacting you; your corporate affiliation (if
any); a summary of no more than 75 words of continuous text (i.e. no
bullet lists and/or multiple paragraphs) to be mailed to all registered
voters prior to the elections; and a description of your reasons for
wanting to serve as a director. The deadline for announcing candidacies
is: ${DATE}."

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--