GNOME Board of Directors Elections: Candidacies timelines

Hi,

One of the duties of the GNOME Membership & Elections Committee is to
make sure Board of Director's elections are prepared correctly and most of all
that all the candidates are following the required timelines and procedures to
propose their candicacy's summaries on GNOME mailing lists.

The following things didn't work as expected:

1. Diego Escalante Urrelo's candidacy got sent *after* the timeline. We give
8 days to candidates to send out their summary mails and seeing someone
sending a mail after the timeline is not something we would like to
see happening.
He's late by two minutes, but a rule is a rule, two minutes or 10
hours is pretty much
the same. This item has been added in our Agenda for the next meeting
and we'll discuss
how mandatory timelines should be considered for next year's
elections. That said, Diego's
candidacy is valid for this election, but we gonna have a discussion
within the committee
to make this requirement mandatory. (if any of you is not in favour of
this decision, please let us
know as soon as possible, since tomorrow we will be announcing all the
candidates)

2. There was a mess between several candidates sending their summary
mails on -list and elections@,
some others to -announce and -list but not on elections@ and
vice-versa. (we actually have 10 candidacies
on our RT at this time, while we see 13 candidates running)
Our announcement mail [1] reports all the requirements about where the
summary mail should be sent:
it should get sent to -announce and elections@ *only* then voters can
forward it to -list if they do have
any question for the candidate.

That said, I would like to wish good luck to all the candidates for a
great election,

Have a great day,

Andrea,
on behalf of the GNOME Membership & Elections Committee

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-announce/2011-May/msg00000.html

P.S please keep everyone CC'ed while answering.