[gnome.org #12067] AutoReply: Application received from EfstathiosIosifidis (iosifidis AT opensuse.org)

Your message about "Application received from EfstathiosIosifidis (iosifidis AT opensuse.org)" has been
received and assigned a ticket ID [ gnome.org #12067].

There is no need to reply to this message right now, but if you have anything to add to the issue please

You will receive another message once your issue has been solved, or if we need more information from you.

For accounts and membership tickets you can always see the current status of your ticket by visiting:
  http://www.gnome.org/rt3-stats/
Note: 'Waiting for' is a best effort guess.

Yours,
 GNOME.org Sysadmin Team
 membership-applications gnome org

Name: EfstathiosIosifidis
E-mail: iosifidis AT opensuse.org
git.gnome.org username (if any):

write tutorials to the forum (http://forum.ubuntu-gr.org/viewforum.php?f=9). All of them are in my personal
blog http://vetbuntu.blogspot.com/. Most of my Ubuntu tutorials and help were about how to use Gnome. Then I
searched for other distributions about differences and the use of Gnome. My next stop was Fedora
(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Iosifidis). I also started to write tutorials and provide help on Gnome
users. The forum (http://el.fedoracommunity.org/forum/) is quite new and most of the tutorials were written
by me. I have them all in a blog http://eiosifidis.blogspot.com/. The time that I spent with Fedora project,
I served the Ambassador program. During that period, I made some talks or I had a small role to inform people
about Fedora and Gnome at the LUG I'm member. After a period, I joined openSUSE
(http://en.opensuse.org/User:Diamond_gr). I started w
 rite tutorials (http://stathisuse.blogspot.com). I joined the Ambassador program and I'm the only one of the
few that use openSUSE with Gnome around Greece. During this period, I participate to some events promoting
openSUSE using Gnome as desktop environment.
The last year, I served the Gnome.gr marketing. I applied to FOSSCOMM (the biggest FOSS event in Greece) with
a booth and a talk (http://bit.ly/mj7KJk). Also I applied with a booth to a FOSS conference informing people
about Gnome 3 (http://bit.ly/iTnegk). I proposed the Greek team and I organized the social networking ways of
communication (identi.ca, twitter, facebook, linkedin, Google buzz). You can find all the ways here
http://bit.ly/mUaf49. I also contribute on the web page design. Plans for the future is to join the very
active translators team.

Contacts:
1. Izabele Valverde izabelv AT gnome.org
I met her because of openSUSE. She's my mentor of Gnome on openSUSE.

2. Simos Xinitellis simos AT gnome.org
I met him because he leeds the translation team in Greece. He's my mentor of Gnome in Greece. We plan all the
marketing events and everything that will promote Gnome in Greece.

Regarding my personal status, I studied farm animals management. After 2 years military service, I worked for
an import company but the same time I set higher goals. I took exams and passed to veterinary medicine
university, which I'm near to graduate. All that time, I attended about 30 seminars with marketing,
management and PR related subject. Apart from my science, I'm interested on reading books on marketing,
people skills, personal growth.

For these many reasons I believe that I'm able to be part of Gnome Foundation as member.

[Application received at Tue Jun 21 17:17:07 2011 (Eastern time)]

If you have any questions, you can contact the Membership Committee by
replying to this mail. Please note that it usually takes up to a week for an application to be fully
processed.