Re: [gnome.org #12090] GNOME Membership Application of Alberto Garcia Gonzalez

Dear Committee,

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 12:38:55PM +0000, Andrea Veri via RT wrote:
Dear Ryan and Claudio,

The GNOME Membership Committee is about to process Alberto Garcia
Gonzalez's application to become a GNOME Foundation Member and therefore
we would like to receive some feedback about the applicant and the
GNOME-related work. (past and present contributions are usually fine)

I know Berto for several years now, as we've worked together and
became good friends. I know he is a person who deeply cares for GNOME
and Free Software, and in his commitment he has done a lot for the
project:

- He is one of the founders of Igalia, and one of the igalians pushing
  for GNOME lines of work in the company.
- He is a Debian maintainer of several GNOME related packages.
- We maintained together the Hildon library and other GNOME
  packages in Maemo during the N900 development process.
- He was key in the organization of the GTK+ hackfest last year.

I hereby vouch for him to become a GNOME Foundation member.

Claudio