[gnome.org #10664] AutoReply: Application received from Bradley M. Kuhn (bkuhn AT ebb.org)

Your message about "Application received from Bradley M. Kuhn (bkuhn AT ebb.org)" has been received and
assigned a ticket ID [ gnome.org #10664].

There is no need to reply to this message right now, but if you have anything to add to the issue please

You will receive another message once your issue has been solved, or if we need more information from you.

For accounts and membership tickets you can always see the current status of your ticket by visiting:
  http://www.gnome.org/rt3-stats/
Note: 'Waiting for' is a best effort guess.

Yours,
 GNOME.org Sysadmin Team
 membership-applications gnome org

Name: Bradley M. Kuhn
E-mail: bkuhn AT ebb.org
irc.gnome.org nickname (if any): bkuhn
git.gnome.org username (if any):

2001.

Detailed description:
To be quite frank, there has been frequent brinkmanship between the FSF (and RMS in particular) and the GNOME
Foundation over the years since 2001.  I have worked arduously to keep the relationship from falling apart,
including very tense negotiations after the 2009 GUADEC keynote.  I believe strongly that both FSF and GNOME
benefit from a close relationship, and I have been on a 9 year mission to make sure the two can keep a
positive, working relationship.

I have also been a constant resource for the GNOME Advisory Board and the GNOME foundation staff regarding
licensing questions and issues.

Finally, I assisted with figuring out plans for hiring of a sysadmin for GNOME Foundation (consideration on
this still ongoing, mostly due to lack of funds currently), and I am currently assisting with drafting a
GNOME Foundation policy on copyright assignment.

Contacts:
These folks (listed in order of how much they know about my work described above) probably have the best
first-hand knowledge of my efforts in this regard:

Luis Villa <luis AT tieguy.org>
Dave Neary <dneary AT gnome.org>
Stormy Peters <stormy AT gnome.org>
Vincent Untz <vuntz AT gnome.org>
Michael Meeks <michael.meeks AT novell.com>

Pointers:

[Application received at Tue Jan 19 18:47:33 2010 (Eastern time)]

If you have any questions, you can contact the membership committee by
replying to this mail. Please note that the delay for your application
to be processed can be up to one month.