Re: [gnome.org #10366] GNOME Membership Application of James Vasile (james AT hackervisions.org)

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 6:34 AM, Brian Cameron <Brian Cameron sun com>wrote:

Bruno:

I highly recommend approving the application of James Vasile.  He
works as a pro-bono legal aide for the GNOME Foundation and he
works for the Software Freedom Law Center, an organization focused on
free software legal isseus.

I have worked closely with James on a number of legal related GNOME
issues, and he continues to be very helpful in providing legal advice
and in doing legal work as needed.  As an example, he and I are
currently working to improve the legal agreements the GNOME Foundation
uses in relation to the GNOME Trademark and brand.

A big +1.

I agree with everything Brian says. I would also like to add that James is
on the GNOME legal mailing lists and he is working with me on a number of
issues and is always very responsive and insightful. His work goes above and
beyond his duties as an employee of SFLC. He continued to work on GNOME
issues throughout an extended leave.

+1

Stormy

I highly recommend approving the application of James Vasile. ÂHe
works as a pro-bono legal aide for the GNOME Foundation and he
works for the Software Freedom Law Center, an organization focused on
free software legal isseus.

I have worked closely with James on a number of legal related GNOME
issues, and he continues to be very helpful in providing legal advice
and in doing legal work as needed. ÂAs an example, he and I are