Re: [gnome.org #10882] GNOME Membership Application of Xabier Rodriguez Calvar

On Thu, 2010-02-25 at 13:34 +0000, Andrea Veri via RT wrote:
Dear Diego, German, Claudio, Rodrigo,

The GNOME Foundation Membership Committee needs more information to
process the application of Xabier Rodriguez Calvar. Since he has listed
you as the primary contact, the committee would like you to list the
contributions that Xabier has made for the GNOME community in recent
times. Your input will be greatly appreciated to help us to make
a fair and informed decision in the granting or denying the applicant as
a foundation member.

Dear Andrea and membership committee,

Xabier RodrÃguez Calvar has a full commitment with GNOME.  I had the
chance to met him at Stuttgart during GUADEC.  Since then, he has
increased his involvement with GNOME community.

He has contributed to libgda and epiphany, both of them are well known
projects in GNOME.  However, he had had a strong involvement in the
development of Fisterra, which is a framework to develop business
applications for GNOME, which started to be developed by Igalia around
the beginning of the current millennium.

He also has been involved on Mobile platforms, in particular, Hildon,
which has its root on GTK+.

I am pretty confident with the commitment of Xabier with GNOME project,
and the role he has advocating our platform.

That said, I endorse his application.

Kind regards,

--
GermÃn PÃo-CaamaÃo