Re: Getting started with Foundation Elections?

Lalala, ping :-)

Vincent

Le mardi 06 avril 2010, à 11:08 +0200, Vincent Untz a écrit :
Hey there,

I know you've started looking at the elections system since it was
mentioned in the minutes. That's great! There are also a few things you
can do in parallel: work on a timeline for the elections, and announce
them, for example.

As a reference, here are links for the announcements of previous
elections:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-announce/2009-May/msg00000.html
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-announce/2007-November/msg00000.html
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-announce/2006-November/msg00000.html
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-announce/2005-November/msg00000.html
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-announce/2004-October/msg00004.html
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-announce/2003-October/msg00001.html

To give some time to the community to apply for membership and to make
sure the new elections will be over at the end of June, I suggest to
send an announcement at the end of this month or at the beginning of
May. As an example, a few things that we might want to avoid looking at
the timeline for last year:

 + have more time between the announcement and the opening of the list
   of candidates, to let people think about the idea of running

 + membership renewals should close before the list of candidates is
   announced (since you need to be a member to be a candidate)

 + maybe close votes on a week-end instead of middle of the week (not
   sure; it might help in some way)

 + have more time at the end of June to deal with challenges

Note that those are all suggestions -- it's up to you in the end :-)

Thanks,

Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.