Re: GNOME Foundation Elections 2009 Website

Viva!

Thanks for updating this Tobi.

On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 5:41 PM, Tobias Mueller <tobiasmue gnome org> wrote:

There are two paragraphs, which need special attention:

       The Elections Committee is responsible for counting the votes.

I am not aware of any Election Committee yet. If there is none, I'd replaces
Elections Committee with Membership Committee.

How about Membership & Elections Committee since we do both?

       The 7 candidates who receive the most votes will be elected, except
       that no more than two/four individuals affiliated with any one
       corporation may be elected. Should more than four of the top eleven
       vote-getters be affiliated with the same company, only the four with
       the most votes will be considered elected. For a full definition of
       corporate affiliation, see the <a href="../../about/charter/">GNOME
       Foundation charter</a>.

This might need an update due to the new voting mechanism. I'd also include
a link to the announcement, that the voting mechanism has changed.

I think that paragraph is outdated and confusing. Top eleven should be
top seven and 4 should be 2 (less than 40% according to the bylaws).
How about:

The 7 candidates voted for most as counted by a single transferable
vote system (link) will be elected, except that no more than two
individuals affiliated with any one corporation may be elected. Should
more than two of the top seven vote-getters be affiliated with the
same company, only the two with the most votes will be considered
elected. For a full definition of corporate affiliation, see the GNOME
Foundation charter (link).

Cheers,

Susana

If these issues are resolved and someone else reviewed the site, I'd like it
from the elections/2009 index site so that it gets accessible.

Happy Hacking,
 Tobi