Re: [gnome.org #8397] GNOME Membership Application of Benjamin Podszun (benjamin.podszun AT gmail.com)

On 03/12/2009 03:13 PM, Bruno Boaventura via RT wrote:
Dear Sandy,

The GNOME Foundation Membership Committee needs more information to
process the application of Benjamin Podszun. Since [he/she] has listed
you as the primary contact, the committee would like you to list the
contributions that Benjamin Podszun has made for the GNOME community in
recent times. Your input will be greatly appreciated to help us to make
a fair and informed decision in the granting or denying the applicant as
a foundation member.

Benjamin has been a huge help during this Tomboy cycle.  Some of his
contributions include:

* Rewriting Tomboy's printing from scratch to use the newer Gtk.Print
API.  He originally wrote this from Visual Studio in Windows, because
the old printing support only worked on Linux.  He soon switched to
Linux at home so that he could help out more.  He stayed up very late
with me several nights to meet GNOME deadlines.
* Submitting over a dozen smaller patch contributions.  He has been our
top contributor this cycle, and had more code than I did in some recent
unstable releases.
* Triaging over 100 open Tomboy bugs to help us find good candidates for
late-cycle fixes, and things to focus on for next cycle.
* Constantly available in IRC, helping users with their questions.

I have made him a developer in our bugzilla, encouraged him to get an
svn account (which he now has), and also to apply for Foundation
membership.  He has been a great asset to Tomboy and could be an asset
to all of GNOME, though of course he understands if a longer period of
contribution is required to join the GNOME Foundation.  I hope he will
stick around for a long time. :-)

Cheers,
Sandy