Re: [gnome.org #8611] GNOME Membership Application of Arun Raghavan (arun AT accosted.net)

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 7:46 PM, Bruno Boaventura via RT
<membership-applications gnome org> wrote:
The GNOME Foundation Membership Committee needs more information to
process the application of Arun Raghavan. Since [he/she] has listed
you as the primary contact, the committee would like you to list the
contributions that Arun Raghavan has made for the GNOME community in
recent times. Your input will be greatly appreciated to help us to make
a fair and informed decision in the granting or denying the applicant as
a foundation member.

Arun first started working on GNOME through Google's Summer of Code
program working on an implementation of the fdo Xesam metadata and
search spec inside of Beagle.  He was very effective, as he was
willing to do the full open source experience, including participation
in mailing list discussions and IRC in addition to just pumping out
code.  Since his project has finished he's remained an active
contributor to Beagle.

He has also contributed to Maemo, although I know less about the
specifics there since I am not involved in that sub-community, and he
is a Gentoo developer working on their GNOME team.  He's expressed an
interest in attending GUADEC, and I think that'd be very helpful in
furthering the adoption of Xesam.

In short, I think Arun is great GNOME foundation membership material,
and I recommend him highly.

Thanks,
Joe