[gnome.org #4765] AutoReply: Application received from John Carr (john.carr AT unrouted.co.uk)

Your message about "Application received from John Carr (john.carr AT unrouted.co.uk)" has been received and
assigned a ticket ID [gnome.org #4765].

There is no need to reply to this message right now, but if you have anything to add to the issue please

You will receive another message once your issue has been solved, or if we need more information from you.

For accounts and membership tickets you can always see the current status of your ticket by visiting:
  http://www.gnome.org/rt3-stats/
Note: 'Waiting for' is a best effort guess.

Yours,
 GNOME.org Sysadmin Team
 membership-applications gnome org

Name: John Carr
E-mail: john.carr AT unrouted.co.uk
irc.gnome.org nickname (if any): Jc2k
svn.gnome.org username (if any): johncarr

Detailed description:
Core Conduit developer, developing the enhancements to "Plug and Sync" HAL functionality, infrastructure to
sync changes as they happen rather than after a timer has expired or the "Sync" button is pressed, also
implemented LAN based network syncing for Evolution and Tomboy (actually, for ALL conduit supported
endpoints) with Avahi discovery. Many other enhancements to endpoint plugins. Provide ongoing support in IRC.

Contributed enhancements to the tomboy dbus interface, including notifications of changes to its data so that
conduit can sync notes as they are added and updated. Provide ongoing support in IRC where I can.

Contributed support for the CMake build system to JHBuild, as well as moduleset fixes. Also contributed to
JHDebuild, which produces debian packages from JHBuild. Work with JHBuild also led me to fix some autotools
issues in libxml2 and others.

Currently maintain the Ubuntu PPA for Conduit.

Contacts:
John Stowers (john.stowers AT gmail.com) (Conduit Maintainer);
Sanford Armstrong (sanfordarmstrong AT gmail.com) (Tomboy Maintainer);
Ken VanDine (ken AT vandine.org) (Foresight Linux);

Pointers:

I also have a few ideas that i'm looking to work on, which are briefly documented on the wiki
(http://live.gnome.org/JohnCarr/Ideas).

I will be mentoring 2 students in GSOC 08.

[Application received at Thu Apr 17 21:04:18 2008 (Eastern time)]

If you have any questions, you can contact the membership committee by
replying to this mail. Please note that the delay for your application
to be processed can be up to one month.