[gnome.org #2622] AutoReply: Application received from Robert McQueen (robert.mcqueen AT collabora.co.uk)

Your message about "Application received from Robert McQueen (robert.mcqueen AT collabora.co.uk)" has been
received and assigned a ticket ID [gnome.org #2622].

There is no need to reply to this message right now, but if you have anything to add to the issue please

You will receive another message once your issue has been solved, or if we need more information from you.

Yours,
 GNOME.org Sysadmin Team
 membership-applications gnome org

Name: Robert McQueen
E-mail: robert.mcqueen AT collabora.co.uk
irc.gnome.org nickname (if any): Robot101
svn.gnome.org username (if any):

Detailed description:
I was one of the founders of the Telepathy project to build a real-time communications framework 18 months
ago, and have been the lead developer/architect since then. Telepathy is being integrated into GNOME
initially in Gossip, and I've been helping with this effort with advice, bug fixing and implementing required
features in the Telepathy framework.

I'm an upstream developer of D-Bus and have worked heavily on the Python bindings and also made improvements
to the GLib bindings.

Several years ago I spent a lot of time making improvements to Gaim, particularly to improve GNOME
integration with Gtk 2 porting, improved sound support, implementing the tray icon, and rudimentary session
management so it would be started automatically. At the time I was also the Debian maintainer for Gaim, and
am still a member of the Debian GNOME team.

Contacts:
Guillaume Desmottes <cass AT skynet.be> (Telepathy hacker)
Olivier CrÃte <tester AT tester.ca> (Farsight/Telepathy hacker)
Xavier Claessens <xclaesse AT gmail.com> (Gossip Telepathy backend maintainer)
John (J5) Palmieri <johnp AT martianrock.com> (D-Bus maintainer)
Martyn Russell <martyn AT imendio.com> (Gossip maintainer)

Pointers:

[Application received at Fri Mar 23 16:18:54 2007 (Eastern time)]

If you have any questions, you can contact the membership committee by
replying to this mail. Please note that the delay for your application
to be processed can be up to one month.