Re: Communication improvement

Hi,

2007/7/10, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay <sankarshan randomink org>:
Errm...is it me or the reply-to for the list needs some tender loving care ?

Hi,

On 7/10/07, Lucas Rocha <lucasr gnome org> wrote:

> Yes, it would be nice to provide some "tips" about how to get their
> applications processed faster. We could add a link to a
> "TipsForApplicants" wiki page in the application form.

In effect something like:

The GNOME Foundation Membership Committee processes the application
based on the responses provided by the Contacts. In order to ensure
that the turnaround time for your application is less, here are a few
things to keep note of:

What about "...based on the responses from the Contacts you provide us."?
What about "shorter" instead of "less"?
What about "keep in mind" instead of "keep note of"?

+ Do take time to provide complete contact details including a current e-mail ID

What about "address" instead of "ID"?

+ Before submitting the application you might like to talk with the
proposed contacts thus alerting them of a mail from the GNOME
Foundation Membership Committee

What about "you might want to..." instead of "you might like to..."?

+ List your contributions to GNOME in detail (Hint: Nothing is too
much or trivial)
+ Please provide a valid and active e-mail ID which would be entered
into the GNOME Foundation Membership Database should your application
be favorably considered

What about "address" instead of "ID"?

> I still think that, in some cases, it would be good to provide some
> feedback to the applicant about why the application is taking too long
> to be processed.

I think so too. Clarity has no substitute.

Ok, let's do it. :-)

--lucasr