Re: GNOME Membership Application of Nigel Tao

On 5/17/06, Baris Cicek <baris teamforce name tr> wrote:
Dear Luis Villa,

The GNOME foundation membership committee needs more information to
process the application of Nigel Tao. Since he has listed
you as the primary contact, the committee would like you to list the
contributions that Nigel Tao has made for the GNOME community in
recent times. Your input will be greatly appreciated to help us to make
a fair and informed decision in the granting or denying the applicant as
a foundation member.

He probably should not have listed me as the primary contact, I've
only been tangentially involved. That said, Nigel has done quite a
bit- helped out here and there with bugsquad, with publicity for GNOME
stuff, and most importantly helped create the new deskbar applet,
which I use every day :) So I'm pretty sure he qualifies for
membership.

Hope that helps- let me know if you have other questions-
Luis