Re: GNOME Membership Application of David Trowbridge

Hello.

I've known David Trowbridge for several years, and he's shown a lot of
dedication to useful projects. He's worked on several GNOME-related
projects and has CVS commit access.

He's the founder and lead developer of xchat-gnome (which is replacing
xchat as the default IRC client in Ubuntu and I think Fedora).

He's worked with me on libsexy (a widget library containing a variety of
exotic yet simple and useful widgets for GTK+ apps) and has produced
several very useful widgets for it, ones we're hoping to get merged in
with GTK+. An example of this is a GtkEntry with in-line spell checking.

He's also co-founder of the Leaftag project, which is designed to bring
tagging to applications in GNOME and other desktop environments. He's
written parts of the core libleaftag library, and created the GTK+
widgets and Nautilus integration. I believe he's planning on giving a
talk on Leaftag at GUADEC.

He's been an active contributor to Alex Graveley's Gimmie launcher
project, writing several features and fixing bugs.

He's contributed to Evolution, and was the bounty winner a couple years
back for the weather calendar support.

He's about to start work with us at VMware on the Workstation product,
doing Linux GTK+ hacking. Part of this usually involves working with
GNOME-related projects at times, filing bug reports and patches against
GTK+ and GTKMM.

Hope that helps. Let me know if I can provide anything else.

Christian

Baris Cicek wrote:
Dear Christian Hammond,

The GNOME foundation membership committee needs more information to
process the application of David Trowbridge. Since he has listed
you as the primary contact, the committee would like you to list the
contributions that David Trowbridge has made for the GNOME community in
recent times. Your input will be greatly appreciated to help us to make
a fair and informed decision in the granting or denying the applicant as
a foundation member.

At your service,

The GNOME Foundation Membership Committee