Re: [gnome.org #1541] Application received from Manu Cornet (lmanul AT ubuntu.com)

Hi,

On mar, 2006-08-01 at 01:08 -0400, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay via RT wrote:
Dear Jeff, Vincent, Sebastien

The GNOME foundation membership committee needs more information to
process the application of Manu Cornet . Since the applicant has listed
you as the primary contact, the committee would like you to list the
contributions that Manu Cornet has made for the GNOME community in
recent times. Your input will be greatly appreciated to help us to make
a fair and informed decision in the granting or denying the applicant as
a foundation member.

Manu has started working on GNOME for Ubuntu last year: he was sponsored
for the Summer of Code to work on some changes for Ubuntu: a new "Add to
panel" dialog (which is not the one used by GNOME right now), and also
some other less important stuff. He also recently worked on a new logout
dialog for Ubuntu.

He's now working for this year's Summer of Code on a GTK+ theme for OLPC
with Federico, and has written a torturer application for themes.

I'm a bit sad that he's been doing this a bit outside of our community
(it was more within the Ubuntu community), but I believe that, if he
continues, he'll be more involved within the GNOME community soon.

Hope that helps :-)

Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressÃs.