Application received from Battezzati, Silma (sil AT spet.br)

Name: Battezzati, Silma
E-mail: sil AT spet.br
irc.gnome.org nickname (if any):
cvs.gnome.org username (if any):

Detailed description:
The development of Free Software in the USA involved collaborative work of  four  different cultures â??
academic-scientific,  hackers, user communities and business â?? using the Internet as communication media.
As a researcher on the usage of OS/FS by a College in Curitiba, Brazil, as well as a teacher of Linux to
other university professors, I believe that in order to have a strong participation on free software usage
and development in Brazil we must reinforce the creation of cultures similar to those of US and  invest on
collaborative work among them. Currently, my research is concerned with the identification of Brazilian
cultures and their stage of development. On my work I also identify the acceptance of OS/FS technology, which
includes Gnome.

Contacts:
izabelv gnome org
lucianafreitas procergs gov br
ten gnome org

Due to my research, I have been invited to give speeches on many high  schools and colleges interested on the
use of Gnome/Linux.

[Application received at Tue Sep 27 20:50:16 2005 (Eastern time)]

If you have any questions, you can contact the membership committee by
replying to this mail. Please note that the delay for your application
to be processed can be up to one month.