Re: GNOME Membership Application of Ryan Lortie

<quote who="Davyd Madeley">

On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 11:46:16AM +0530, Sankarshan Mukhopadhay wrote:

The GNOME foundation membership committee needs more informations to
process the application of Ryan Lortie . Since you have been listed as
the primary contacts, the committee would like you to list the
contributions that Ryan Lortie  has made for the GNOME community in
recent times.  Your input will be greatly appreciated to help us to make
a fair and informed decision in the granting or denying the applicant as
a foundation member.

Ryan Lortie has contributed significantly to the GNOME Applets codebase.
You will find examples of his code in at least battstat, gweather and gtik
to name recent examples. He has assisted in filling in maintainership and
patch review roles when I have been busy and is an excellent software
engineer.

Outside, but related to the project. He has worked to track down bugs in
our dependancy libraries, including HAL and D-BUS. He also has spent some
time working with inotify.

He is active and enthusiatic and I see no reason he shouldn't be able to
join the foundation.

Concur.

- Jeff

--
GNOME Summit: October 8th-10th              http://live.gnome.org/Boston2005

   "I think of [commercial Open Source development] as being the biggest
     private investment in public works in decades." - Andrew Tridgell