How to handle NEEDINFO ? [was:Re: Application received from Guilherme de Siqueira Pastore (guilherme.pastore AT terra.com.br)]

Hi,

How do we normally handle NEEDINFO cases ? Additionally, how does one
ensure that the contacts are provided with an active mailing address.
More often I have seen contact e-ids bounce.

Rgds
SM

GNOME Foundation Membership Committee Script wrote:
Name: Guilherme de Siqueira Pastore
E-mail: guilherme.pastore AT terra.com.br
irc.gnome.org nickname (if any): fatalerror
cvs.gnome.org username (if any): gpastore

Detailed description:
I started to help with translations into Brazilian Portuguese back when GNOME 2.4 was about to release,  if
my memory is not too bad =) I wished to do more, but had no technical knowledge for that. Little time
later, I got to know the Debian GNOME Team, and started providing little help, as in doing bug triaging,
and maintaining some unofficial stuff.

Later, I became the maintainer for the atomix module, which had been abandoned for quite some time and,
hence, applied for a CVS account. I consider I've been doing a good work with the module itself, but that
wasn't enough. When I got my account, I remembered the problems we had in GNOME-BR because of lots of
translations and few (usually absent) coordinators, so I started committing translations too.

Finally, as I was able to improve my skills, I also got more deeply involved, and now I'm even maintaining
core GNOME packages in Debian, and beginning to mess with other parts of CVS, such as the about-me, as I
had written a password changer for GNOME some time ago, which has been obsoleted by the capplet =)

Contacts:
po/ChangeLog on many CVS modules can be used to check the translation work that I've done, both in
translating and committing translations for those without CVS access after checking them.

The ChangeLog on the atomix module reflects most of the coding work I've done for GNOME so far.

http://packages.qa.debian.org/eog is an example of a core package I maintain in Debian, and a proof of my
participation in the Debian GNOME Team.

There have also been some less significant contributions, such as a typo fix in the website, but they're
too fragmented for me to remember and/or list here =)

GNOME is a project and a desktop environment I love. Although I already dedicate a good amount of my free
time to it, I don't consider it enough yet, as it doesn't match what I feel in relation to the community.

My contributions tend to constantly increase, proportionally with my free time and my skills, which are
still in development =)

[Application received at Fri Aug 26 19:56:43 2005 (Eastern time)]

If you have any questions, you can contact the membership committee by
replying to this mail. Please note that the delay for your application
to be processed can be up to one month.