Re: Problem in Referendum Rules: tie can't happen

On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 12:54 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
Sorry for answering so late: your mail was stuck in moderation...
Well, in the case of a tie, a second "turn" or something should happen,
shouldn't it? If this is only a problem of wording, then we can change
it but I don't have a better proposition :-)

No, I don't think this is a problem of wording. It's a bad problem. The
second turn may also result in a tie, so that won't really do.

For board elections, that is a problem, but for referendums, I guess the
best option for resolving ties is to remain with status quo. You can't
change this in the first round, so if a tie happens, you should run a
second referendum. But if you do that, you should clearly mention that a
second tie will be resolved with remaining with status quo.

roozbeh