Verification of votes

Using my anonymous token, I can verify that my vote was received and
recorded as I sent it.  However, I don't see that that actually proves
anything about the counting of the votes.  I don't think I have a way
to verify that my votes were _counted_ properly in the overall
result--or that anyone else's votes were counted properly--or that
spurious votes were not counted.

Perhaps this isn't an important issue.  GNOME board elections are not
as hotly contested as elections for president of the US, and the
people involved in GNOME are more honest.  I trust you to count the
ballots correctly.

But I don't see how it is useful to have an automatic system of
checking, which does not really check.