Small clarification on the membership guidelines

Hi!

We've received an application [1] from a developer of a GNOME-based
software. The applicant has contributed to some GNOME software, so I
think this application should be accepted.

However, more generally, we were wondering if authors of GNOME-based
software (and not GNOME software) should be accepted according to the
guidelines. This is not a problem when thinking about GIMP or Abiword
developers, but think about someone who did not write a "big" program.
It seems to me that the decision would be subjective here, because it'll
probably will depend on how the program is perceived by the membership
committee.

What's the board's position on this?

Thanks

Vincent