Minutes of Membership Committee Meeting: 6 Mar 2004

Minutes For Committee Meeting: 06 March, 2004
Present:
        Vincent
        Eric
        Sayamindu
        Gael

Absent:
        Andy
        Gregory

The main goal of this meeting was the welcome to the new members in
the committee (Sayamindu, Greg and me).

Main presentation:
------------

        The old members have explained how the committee works to the newcomers.

New actions:
------------

        ACTION: Before accepting members, we discuss the application a bit on the list, to reach a
                        consensus. The applications should be done in a reasonable timer period (5 days
                    maximum).
                        (All the committee)

        ACTION: Prepare the referendum about "anonymous voting" (All the committee)

        ACTION: Build the new infrastructure for handling memberships (Eric)
                        This is in progress.

        ACTION: Talk with the board about one-year membership and some other stuff
                        here's what we'd like to discuss:
                        * one-year membership
                        * all renewals on the same date (=> it will ease our work because we
                          won't need to track every renewal)
                        * what is the exact status of the committee? This is not clear for me:
                          we have an official role, but how are the members of the committee
                          chosen? How does it work? I don't want to add bureaucracy, but we
                          need some clear rules.
                        * recently, I've seen people asking for membership because they want
                          a gnome.org e-mail address. This is not good.
                        * how can we make more people vote?