Re: Renewals of the memberships

Le Fri, 19 Sep 2003 10:54:36 -0700 (PDT), Andy Tai a ecrit :

The bylaw says two years and we cannot violate it.

And the existing members (who are already renewed or
joined and whose memberships have not been expired
yet) have been promised two year memberships and we
cannot change that either.

That's true. So we're stuck with two years memberships until the bylaw
are changed.

Jeff, I like your idea of automatic renewal, but the board needs to
propose something to the members before we do anything like that. The
membership committee cannot say "Hey, it's easier for us to renew
everyone's membership once a year, so we're doing that *now*.". And I'm
not sure such a proposition could be proposed and accepted really soon
(as in "before the end of the month").

Les gens heureux ne sont pas presses.